10 Golden Rules on Lomography

1. Take your camera everywhere you go.
2. use it any time - day and night.
3. Lomography is not an interference in your life, but part of it.
4. Try the shot from the hip.
5. Approach the objects of your lomographic desire as close as possible.
6. Don't think.
7. Be fast.
8. You don't have to know beforehand what you captured on film.
9. Afterwards either.
10. Don't worry about any rules.

Click here to register your own lomography account!!

Monday, August 26, 2013

OMG! How could this happen?

Came back from Maldives with a lot of exposed film. Looking forward for a lot of picture with blue sky and blue sea. Yeah, I was expecting that. But then after developed and got the films from lab, I just too shocked to see the result. How come? Look like those slide films were over exposed!!! I tell myself that there was a possibility of hope to get great picture from my scanning.

But I was wrong, no blue sky, no blue sea, just overexposed sky with too much white area. I just keep optimistic and telling myself that I still have hope.

First time I encounter with this kind of problem. Lomography X-pro Chrome 100 and Kodak EBX, is it the flat blue sky or blue sea are just too harsh for you? Or the lab ruin my film? I don't know, I still don't know the problem.

So the possibility? One, hot sun in Maldives was just too bright for normal setting of ISO 100 for slide film, I should set it as ISO 200. Two, the lab can't handle the cross process well. Before this, result from the lab is quite impress, maybe because of change of chemical? I should try other lab. But there is only 1 lab in Kuantan. The only choice for me is to send to KL next time. Three, the problem of camera light meter. I am not sure of this, maybe the light meter calculate the wrong measurement.

What's the fourth possibility? 

No comments:

Post a Comment